Belgrade, Serbia (CNN) -- Ratko Mladic's lawyer has requested a new medical examination for the former Bosnian Serb general, arguing that Mladic is not healthy enough to face charges of genocide at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, he said Monday.
Mladic would not be able to participate in a trial because of his ill health, lawyer Milos Saljic said.
He wants Mladic examined by specialists "who can investigate his specific needs," including a gastroenterologist, cardiologist, psychiatrist and neurologist.
Mladic, 69, is wanted in connection with the massacre of nearly 8,000 Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica in 1995. He was captured Thursday after more than 15 years in hiding.
His lawyer expects the Serbian court's response by Tuesday, he said. The court has already ruled Mladic is fit to stand trial.
Saljic also plans to file a formal appeal against extradition, he said, adding that it would put it in the mail by noon (6 a.m. ET) Monday.
And he is applying for Mladic's unpaid pension from the years when he was in hiding, he said, saying he was acting on behalf of Mladic's family.
Chief prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic denied Monday that Mladic was in poor health, saying that he was "lively and joking," and had asked for Russian classics to read. He said Mladic would be sent to The Hague within days if his extradition appeal fails.
Mladic's son, Darko, told an ultranationalist rally Sunday that that his father is sick.
"He needs medical treatment that he is not getting," the younger Mladic said.
He described his father as "a freedom fighter," and said he had "defended his own nation, defended his people, which was his job."
The younger Mladic called on protesters to keep their demonstration peaceful. "Tomorrow if I'm able to visit my father, I will tell him of this and he will cry again," he said.
Protesters clashed with Serbian police at the demonstration.
Nearly 20 people were injured in the violence -- seven police and 12 civilians -- according to police. They said they made more than 100 arrests.
The Serbian Radical Party held its protest Sunday in front of Serbia's parliament building.
Despite calls for calm from the event's organizers, demonstrators on the fringes of the rally threw rocks at police.
Hundreds of officers, some in riot gear and others on horseback, moved in against the crowd. Some beat and kicked protesters. Police stayed on the streets as the demonstrators scattered.
"We are gathered here to peacefully protest the betrayal by (Serbian President) Boris Tadic and his bosses in Brussels," party leaders told the crowd before the clashes erupted. "We have had enough economic humiliation by our enemies, who are destroying our country ... in every way."
At the protest -- which was attended by members of Mladic's family and thousands of others -- speakers demanded that Tadic step down and asked that elections be held immediately.
Mladic gave himself up without a fight, despite having two handguns, according to Rasim Ljajic, the government minister in charge of searching for fugitive suspected war criminals.
Officials located Mladic in a village called Lazarevo, north of the Serbian capital, after culling information from his former comrades, those who supported him financially and his close family members, Ljajic said.
It is not clear what source led investigators to the former military commander.
His arrest clears a major hurdle that once stood between Serbia and its long-awaited entrance into the European Union, but the move could also usher in political backlash from the country's electorate, some of whom consider Mladic a hero.
"We're conscious of this danger," Ljajic told CNN Saturday. "We know we did something that didn't bring us joy or applause from the public. But we also know that we took great responsibility and did something that the political elite of any country is supposed to do."
He called Mladic's capture "a political investment," noting the government's desire to bring the war crimes suspect to justice "even if citizens punish us in the next elections."
The massacre at Srebrenica, which sparked international outcry and preceded a NATO bombing campaign, is now remembered as the worst atrocity in Europe since World War II.
Mladic allegedly presided over the five-day slaughter in July where Muslim men and boys were systematically executed in what was described at the U.N. war crimes tribunal as "the triumph of evil."
Mladic's forces encircled the town, a U.N.-declared "safe area" where thousands of Bosnian Muslims had sought refuge, allegedly conducting wholesale slaughter and rape, despite the presence of a few hundred lightly armed Dutch U.N. peacekeepers charged with protecting the area's residents and its refugees.
The former general is considered the last of the fugitive war criminal suspects in the region, following the capture of Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic and former Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic, who died in jail in 2006 during his trial at The Hague.
At the rally Sunday, a defiant Darko Mladic told the crowd, "We will never accept those who bombed us to write our history. For centuries we have been fighting for our own state, for our own country to give us security. We don't allow illiterate Westerners to write our history."
A medical team has determined that Mladic is healthy enough to be extradited to face a war crimes tribunal, a court spokeswoman in Belgrade said Friday.
While the war crimes suspect suffers from several chronic conditions, the team said there are no immediate problems barring a move.
This comes after five doctors examined Mladic Thursday night, according to Saljic, the lawyer.
Chartered Accountant Courses Business Online Payment Processor Women Management Living Without Money Berlin Creations Buy Real Views Banking Software Solutions Hardwoods Furniture House Cleaning Services Professional Graphic and New Media Designers Download Free EBooks happy birthday quotes All About Medical Bankruptcy the dangers of drug abuse public transportation services Sex Education for Children online shop adidas originals Alcoholism Greens Health Information Cheap Hotel Deals Small Business Solutions Financial Accountability Best Mortgage Rates Corporate Programs Business School Online Travel Agency Online Lottery Games global solutions business Sexy Lingerie Official Music Video Law Reports baby monitor iphone app Women's Health the best pickup lines The European Business Animals Shop Hospital Equipment Bio organic products Cheap Wedding Dresses cheap sport shoes Drug Discovery Sexy Mobile Apps shop makers Different Types of Engineering Degrees Tips Buying Tickets Online Designer Bags Review Compare Cheap Hotels And Accommodation Deals Casino Zone Dental Work DrugInfo Insurance Company Binary option trading Financial Advice Service Commercial Property Health and Fitness in Pregnancy Online Drivers Education Car Insurance Education And Technology Incident Report Criminal Best Android Games cristiano ronaldo fans Mortgages and Loans Pharma Info Online Medical Herbs drugs weight loss exercise program Hair care
- Honda FC Future Sports Car
- Girls Car Show Babes
- Toyota Supra - Super Car HD Wallpaper
- HONDA SPORTS CAR � FC SPORT
- Hot Girls in Underwear
- Archive for the ‘Sports Car’ Category
- Speeding Cars
- Electric Cars
- Drifting Cars
- Cool Cars
- Classic Cars
- scarlett johansson hair bob
- Hot Girls
- Brazilian Car Show Models
- 2012 Audi A3 Wagon
- F-Concept Daihatsu: Daihatsu Car Cheap | Smart Car...
- Honda FC Sport Design Study
- Busines-Mobile bill woes,Bharti Airtel hikes call ...
- Artis San E kissed Attendance in indonesia
- Sexy Girls Tease Live Asian Stripping
- Arabic Hot Movie clip
- Free Sex 2011 Hot Today
- New NCT Optare Versas
- sexy in dream land
- Archive for the ‘Toyota’ Category
- Lotus Exige S Club Racer
- Hot Cars
- New Cars
- 2011 BMW 5-Series F10 ’Black Bison’ By Wald Intern...
- Sports Cars
- Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept
- janet jackson and michael jackson young
- Disney Cars
- Yukiho Murase in cute vest and plaid skirt
- Free Download Software,Antivirus NOD32 v2.51.20 Fu...
- VIDEO-Cop Shot During Child HOT Bust At 'Harry Pot...
- Free Download Software Latest Full Version IDM 6.0...
- LONG DRESSES
- Explore the island of Bali Museum
- Browse Fatahillah Museum-known Museum Indonesia
- 3D And Fantasy Girls-2 - Beautiful Wallpaper
- Freightliner loco in Pennsylvania
- Shahana Goswami in Game
- Top Car Wallpaper
- Hot Girls
- Party Time Girls Beautiful Wallpaper
- Download Software Driver HP and Modem All Merck In...
- Hot Girls
- Langley Mill
- New Harley Davidson
- Harley Davidson Gifts
- ford mustang pics
- Russian beautiful girls take pictures with the lux...
- A Photos House of Russian Elite-Kuskovo Manor
- Red Speed Car Wallpaper
- Software Free Download Driver Genius PRO 10 Full V...
- Action,Cooking In An Uzbek Tea-House
- Artist Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Crash Malibu...
- 2012 Hulme CanAm Supercar - Hulme Sports Cars
- 2011 TSX Sport Wagon Acura Sports Car
- Car Barbie Edition
- Mazda5 Review
- Ferrari 599 GTO
- 2011 Audi Q7
- New BMW Designs 2011
- New BMW Designs 2011
- Mitsubishi pajero full 3D 2011 fotos, detalhes, es...
- This is the Mercedes-Benz Luxury With Pernik 300,0...
- 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Exclusive Edition Cars Of Morgan LifeCar Concept
- New Hyundai Cars Pictures Gallery 2011
- Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid
- Elegant Cars Concept Of Morgan Aero 8
- Unique Cars Of Morgan Aero SuperSports
- Nova Saveiro 2011, Um Espetaculo.
- Price 2012 Hyundai Genesis
- Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond Edition, Cadillac CTS...
- 2011 Audi R8 sports car from Audi
- super cars wallpapers gallery
- 30 Amazing Cars Wallpapers
- new car wallpapers gallery
- Hull Trains have experienced
- wallpapers of disney cars
- Engine management systems
- Outtakes (Or, A Visual Guide to the Evolution of M...
- Gosip,William, Kate off to Canada, US in first tou...
- Horse Wallpaper
- So Sexy Fashion - Designer Short Party Collection....
- Maclaren F1 Top Speed Cars
- ▼ July (2234)
- ► 2010 (2923)
- ► 2009 (745)
- ► 2008 (214)